We headed back out to the water for another afternoon of gathering data as a class. This time my data-collecting partner and I got to stay closer to shore, meaning there was more sand available to stand on as opposed to the mysteriously swaying sea grasses. For sure an easier task…or so I thought. We took our transect out with plastic bags to collect seaman’s brushes, aka a stem with a big furry ball at the end. It was a tad difficult to get the transect situated. As soon as we managed to get one side down, the other would float up, quite the dilemma. As she was trying to put it down with her feet, I was doing my best to keep her from being carried away by the current. We could not stop laughing at ourselves as we were both flailing about trying to regain control of ourselves while we had no control of the transect and plastic bags calmly floating away. It must have been quite the scene, because in the midst of trying to keep my head above water as not to consume anymore saltwater while also preventing any contact with the sea grass (yes, I’m a little scared of it), I caught a glimpse of one of the resort supervisors – who says hello to us at breakfast every morning – laughing as he looked on from a gazebo on a nearby dock. He was probably thinking the only thing I can do well is eat an omelet.
there's omelets??!!!! ohhh mannnn!
ReplyDeletelots of love,
you know who :)