Tuesday, June 22

I don’t think I’ll be going into the cigar-making industry

We made another stop for a delicious lunch, lobster included… and of course rice and beans also. Lisa knew how to get every piece out of the shell.

After lunch we went next door for some cigar making. A young boy, (I couldn’t understand his name when he said it) presumably the son of the man showing us from the head of the table helped Lisa and me with ours. Well actually he mainly laughed at me as I tried to explain how I wanted us to make the best cigar of the eight groups around the table. Lisa did most of the work as I kept looking at him for feedback. After rerolling and re-gluing, and a hesitant nod and grin from my new friend, we handed it in. We didn’t win, the edges were not cut with sufficient precision – the prize of Mama Juana went to another group – but mi amigo insisted ours was his favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Kristin ForresterJune 24, 2010

    Even cooler!
    You'll have to teach me this. It is imperative!
    Looks like you are having a blast :D
    I can't wait till we reunite and you'll have to tell me all these wonderful things in person :)

    ReplyDelete